List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re:  SPAM filter
From:       "Roberto H. Alsina" <ralsina () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-30 22:00:40

On Fri, Nov 30 2001 at 07:57:41pm -0500, Andreas Pour wrote:
> Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >
> > On Friday, 30. November 2001 15:14, molnar@kde.org wrote:
> > > Just wondering what generates the X-Spam-Rating? I get a lot of mail from
> > > credible users on yahoo.com, aol.com and hotmail.com and I am wondering if
> > > this change is going to block mail from them or is it not affecting the
> > > forwarded @kde.org addresses but just the mailing lists?
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > The X-Spam-Rating for yahoo.com etc is about 300. If they use FREE or SEX in
> > their subjects, they are bounced for all addresses.
> > As I said in my mail, they get bounced when the spam-rating hits 1000, they
> > are held for aproval if they reach 600.
>
> Hiya,
>
> Well that's a problem for me too.  I noticed today that on the KDE list
> that *4* perfectly legitimate emails were being held for SPAM ratings
> (given the low list traffic today that's about 40% of all legitimate
> emails!!), but the reported threshold was *400*.
>
> In any event, since almost half of all legitimate emails are being held,
> IMHO the SPAM filter is in total overkill mode.  Is this a separate
> adjustment from the KDE.org addresses?
>
> I supposed when mail coming to my kde.org address is bounced, there is
> no way for me to know it and see what I missed like I can with the
> mailing list.  So please add me to the "rik" exception (or preferably
> restore me to the 1000 threshold, not sure if you can do that on a
> per-user basis), and I will handle SPAM filtering locally (I need it
> anyway since I am the endpoint of over 20 active email addresses).
>
> Thanks for your good intentions :-),

Ouch! Please me too! my @kde.org address is my main address. If
mail starts bouncing, I will be in deep trouble.

And I can not afford another mail address :-P

> Dre

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Abeja obrera en Xtech (www.xtech.com.ar)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis. (Carlton, De rerum comoedia)