List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Re: Icon dispute and resolve
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-01-16 16:05:37

On Viernes 16 Enero 2004 15:31, chris / os11.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sort of off topic but kind of important in the future of creating SVG
> icon etc...

Being an artist that actually produces icons, you'r never of topic. But may be
it is a good idea to rename the subject, like in "What is the best tool for
making svg icons?" This way there is less change your mail gets lost in wierd
discussions :-)

> What is the best software (most compatible with SVG icons)
>
> I use sodipodi thinking it to be open-source and compliant to SVG icon
> standards, but now i've heard people mentioning that sodipodi sometimes
> produces 'bad' SVG files.

svg is new, and good implementations are not written yet, i understand. Use
the tool you have, like, like sodipodi, and keep what you do simple. I like
the design principle 'KISS' (keep it simple, stupid). It gives better results
and in a situation like this, evolving tools, the biggest change to produce
files that will stand the changing times.

my 2 cents

Cordialemente,

Ante

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:

http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita