List:       kde
Subject:    Questions
From:       Boris Povazay <boris () jouh ! at>
Date:       1999-11-01 21:31:11

Jens Benecke wrote:

> > Sorry about my ignorance
>
> That's perfectly all right. Three years ago, I started just about where you
> probably are now. So _please_ don't be afraid to ask questions. :)
>
> I think someone should probably put up some kind of guidelines on what
> information you have to provide if you ask a question about your linux
> system... sometimes it's really hard to know what infos you have to provide
> if you want a meaningful answer.
>
> But, next time, it would help if you tell us at _least_
>
> - your Linux distribution (+ version)
> - what desktop you use
> - what kind of machine (hard disk, graphics card, modem, etc)
>   if this is system / graphics / internet related (what you think is
>   important)
> - what other systems are on your computer

It would be great if there would be a standard to do this (within kde)
At least a routine that reads and displays this data and makes it
available to insert it in a message (as attachment).
And the newbie should immediatly know how to use it (automated send and
attach procedure)!

ciao BoP
--
Boris Povazay