List:       kde
Subject:    RE: Questions
From:       "Timothy R. Butler" <kde () uninetsolutions ! com>
Date:       1999-11-02 1:02:11

> It would be great if there would be a standard to do this (within kde)
> At least a routine that reads and displays this data and makes it
> available to insert it in a message (as attachment).
> And the newbie should immediatly know how to use it (automated send and
> attach procedure)!

  Perhaps one of the KDE programmers should look at Microsoft's (GASP!)
Windows Reporting Tool (in Windows 98). It packages everything up for you
(you can even select system files to be included). After your done, MS WRT
packages it in a cab file for easy attaching.

  Warm Regards,
             Tim

Timothy R. Butler
Web Site Consultant
Universal Networks (TM)
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com
"Power your Web." (SM)
Christian Web Services Since 1996.
 We  offer services to  help you  get your
business on  the  internet.  Our offerings
include  affordable  web  design  services,
and free Perl scripts.
      http://www.uninetsolutions.com

    P O I N T S   OF   I N T E R E S T
                  --<>--
Buy Computer Books and IPSwitch Software:
             uninetsolutions.com/unistore/
                   ----
Free Perl Scripts and Support:
             uninetsolutions.com/free.html