Jens Benecke wrote: > > Sorry about my ignorance > > That's perfectly all right. Three years ago, I started just about where you > probably are now. So _please_ don't be afraid to ask questions. :) > > I think someone should probably put up some kind of guidelines on what > information you have to provide if you ask a question about your linux > system... sometimes it's really hard to know what infos you have to provide > if you want a meaningful answer. > > But, next time, it would help if you tell us at _least_ > > - your Linux distribution (+ version) > - what desktop you use > - what kind of machine (hard disk, graphics card, modem, etc) > if this is system / graphics / internet related (what you think is > important) > - what other systems are on your computer It would be great if there would be a standard to do this (within kde) At least a routine that reads and displays this data and makes it available to insert it in a message (as attachment). And the newbie should immediatly know how to use it (automated send and attach procedure)! ciao BoP -- Boris Povazay -- Send posts to: kde@lists.netcentral.net Send all commands to: kde-request@lists.netcentral.net Put your command in the SUBJECT of the message: "subscribe", "unsubscribe", "set digest on", or "set digest off" PLEASE READ THE ARCHIVED MESSAGES AT http://lists.kde.org/ BEFORE POSTING ********************************************************************** This list is from your pals at NetCentral