List:       kde
Subject:    Re: RFC:   Midgard or Zope on the KDE server?
From:       Jeremy Blosser <jblosser () firinn ! org>
Date:       1999-07-26 17:36:52

Boris Povazay [boris@jouh.at] wrote:
> Right now we are facing a problem with the use of templates. Since KDE
> (kfm) is not supporting HTML4.0 in every detail (as all the other
> browsers do),

Do you mean "the same as all the other browsers"?  None of the current
released browsers have full support for HTML4.0.  Mozilla is the only one
that does, and it's not been released yet.

> it is impossible to include external Textfragments in the
> straight-forward way of using the <OBJECT DATA="include.html"> feature.

I don't know exactly what you're wanting to do, but if it's just to include
pages in each other, you can use SSI (server side includes) with the web
server they have now (Apache).  This may be enabled already; if it isn't,
it just requires one or two configuration changes and it's done.  This
wouldn't require installing anything else on kde.org, which I understand is
a problem.

If this isn't at all what you need, sorry for the spam.  If you need more
info, just ask.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   jblosser@firinn.org   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/