List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE publicity issue
From:       Slav Inger <vinger () ford ! com>
Date:       1999-05-19 20:37:10

Wayne wrote:

> Show me where there is a fully functional office suite for  KDE?
> later-
> Wayne

I've actually had pretty good luck with koffice - most problems I
encountered had to do with my unstandard environment.  I'm not saying
it's perfect - it definitely needs work, but Gnome's isn't any better.
Their spreadsheet is relatively stable, but other office apps need a lot
of impovement.  Gnome as a whole is not very stable - I've had trouble
getting Gnome sessions to stay up for longer than half hour.  I tried
KDE, Gnome, and a few others, and chose KDE was and still is the best
desktop out there, at least from my perspective.

What I have a problem with is Miguel's rhetoric "I don't think KDE has
any future...".  It just shows that Gnome people have no respect for the
work others have done.  On the positive note, it also means that Gnome
team recognizes the appeal and power of KDE and considers it a
formidable "competitor".  I guess the KDE team will have to keep at it,
and let the users, not media, choose which desktop they like better.

- Slav Inger.
- vinger@ford.com

--
Ford Motor Co., FSIC QPL