List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE publicity issue
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-05-20 0:03:19

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Robert A. Crawford wrote:
>On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 01:23:05PM -0400, Wayne wrote:
>> Show me where there is a fully functional office suite for  KDE?
>
>	Is there one for Gnome? My impression was they had a
>spreadsheet alone.

Yes, a beginning of a spreadsheet called gnumeric. A few weeks ago not even the
scrollbars worked properly, not to mention the lack of chart diagrams or any
embedding technique.  Just for the records: kspread provided these things from
the very beginning. As it is now, I'd estimate the time to write something with
Qt/KDE that offers gnumeric's functionality somewhere between one or two days.
It will be hard to emulate the weird scrollbars, though ;-)

But there's another difference between Torben and Miguel besides the
quality of their code: Torben doesn't travel around to tell people that
Miguel's software is poorly designed. Neither should he.

Matthias