List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Compiling on FreeBSD
From:       Alex <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1998-05-31 6:30:59

On 18 May 1998, Kevin Street wrote:

> Oh, you're right.  kppp builds ok now - it'd been a while since I
> tried it last.   I have compiled kuser before, but it didn't really
> understand the FreeBSD passwd set up.  As I recall it wanted to change
> /etc/passwd rather than /etc/master.passwd and didn't rebuild the real
> db files pwd.db and spwd.db.  For FreeBSD it should also have an entry
> field for the login class for the user.  I've been meaning to dig in
> and fix it for FreeBSD.  --without-shadow does fix the build though, thanks.

It's a fairly well written program.  While there are some typos, which
might cause you to chase your semantical tail like a dog, I think it
should be easy enough to extend, although a better hack might be
incorporate vipw and kuser.

- alex

| "Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern  |
| technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat." |