List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Compiling on FreeBSD
From:       Kevin Street <street () iname ! com>
Date:       1998-05-19 1:50:45

Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net> writes:

> On 18 May 1998, Kevin Street wrote:

> > kdegraphics/kghostview is broken (but I think this isn't just on
> > FreeBSD),
>
> Dunno, last time I used it, it worked pretty well, although that was a
> while ago.

Yes, it was working.  In fact I have a working version installed, but
somebody broke the build - it's missing zoom.h and zoom.cpp in cvs now.

> > kdenetwork/kppp, kdeadmin/kuser,
>
> Both of these should work if you're using any recent snapshot. To make
> sure, check for kppp/main.cpp version 1.48, and kppp/connect.cpp 1.59.
> kdeadmin should work, save the shadow stuff, which you either explicitly
> disable in configure (--without-shadow) and/or edit the Makefile and
> remove -D_KU_SHADOW from the compile flags.

Oh, you're right.  kppp builds ok now - it'd been a while since I
tried it last.   I have compiled kuser before, but it didn't really
understand the FreeBSD passwd set up.  As I recall it wanted to change
/etc/passwd rather than /etc/master.passwd and didn't rebuild the real
db files pwd.db and spwd.db.  For FreeBSD it should also have an entry
field for the login class for the user.  I've been meaning to dig in
and fix it for FreeBSD.  --without-shadow does fix the build though, thanks.

> > koffice2 and corba all have compile problems on FreeBSD.
>
> Compiler issue, not hugely a FreeBSD one.

Right, I just didn't want William banging his head against the wall
trying to get these to compile out of the box.

--
Kevin Street
street@iName.com