List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Will KOffece read/write MS doc files? And more ...
From:       Martin Moeller <martin_moeller () ibm ! net>
Date:       1997-12-13 23:49:30

Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
>    So, I think that M$ doc read/write is a very nice feature for upcoming
> KOffice. Don't you agree ?

About features in KOffice:

 WordPerfect format support is probably quite near impossible (as least
with all the bells -- but I'd happily send you a few documents that Word
cannot do, if you'd like the challenge ;)), so I won't hold it against
you if it's not there.

TrueType support, however, should be. With the FreeType code flowing
around, that should be fairly easy I reckon. Until someone integrates it
into base Linux, at least.

I hope for nice clean icons for most important actions and a scripting
languange, perhaps (like many programs under OS/2 interface with REXX, I
guess KOffice could integrate with Tcl/TK, Perl, or whatever that
already exists and can receive APIs from outside). Also, the option of
adding icons / actions of your own would be great.

And on the side, I would like to hear a little bit about how much you
reckon this Office-suite will be able to do? That would be 'kewl'.

'Til next time!
--
---
e-mail: martin_moeller@technologist.com - an iName service for life(?)