List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Will KOffece read/write MS doc files? And more ...
From:       Jonathan Buzzard <jab () hex ! prestel ! co ! uk>
Date:       1997-12-13 22:58:07

sipan@rwf.mit.edu said:
> > But unfortunately most people in the world DO use Micro$oft
> > office, including my (and maybe your) boss. So sometimes we HAVE TO
> > provide documents in M$ formats.
> >    Also, how will KOffice handle non-english texts ?  Now the only Linux
> > text processor I know that handles russian texts ok is LyX.
>
>  Did you try Applixware? Is it able to handle Cyrillic fonts?

You could of course try WordPerfect, native Linux versions, reads and
writes nasty M$ Word format, and if you download the neccessary
language files can handle Russian, and comes with Type1 Cyrillic fonts.

Give it a go, it is avaliable on 15 day free trial.

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jab@hex.prestel.co.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195