List:       kde
Subject:    Re: GNOME Desktop Project
From:       "Adam D. Moss" <adam () uunet ! pipex ! com>
Date:       1997-08-19 17:45:00

Alex Kremer writes:
 > What is STUPID is writing millions of lines incompatible with each other,
 > not only because it is a waste of time, but because that is the major
 > reason UNIX is losing to NT, and if we go long with this stupid
 > division and flame each other for the rest of the decade we are going
 > to lose big time.

I implore everyone, GNOMEs and Trollish Koolios alike, begging on my
knees, to heed these words.   :)

A united front is everything.  Co-operation should be the
free-software watchword, not competition (I don't know where the
rabble-rousing attitude sprung from of late :/ ).

Please, please, no division of effort!

If a FreeQT is what it takes, then so be it, I think that that is the
most promising place to invest time, with benefits to the free
software community which extend far beyond simply behoofing another
desktop suite. (Personally I think that this is the best solution
all-round, except for poor Arnt et al - I will expound upon that point
if invited to.)

Regards,
--Adam