List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Some needed programs
From:       Georgios Rizell Dimitroglou <grd () algonet ! se>
Date:       1997-08-19 17:38:15

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Roberto Alsina wrote:

> > 1) Why is all the fonts that KDE uses a bit to large?
> RMB in root window. Display properties. General.

Hmm... no, that doesn't fix it. It just makes some of the font's smaller
(icon labels, etc). It doesn't affect the buttons / widget labels.

> > A port of Gimp to Kde (very nice...I think, but not very easy...at all)
>
> Errr... this is a sensible spot right now. Don't touch it, please ;-)

Ok, sorry. Well then. Add layer capability to the Image Editor included in
KDE ;))

> I think Lyx is usable. Have you tried it?
> As for spreadsheet, there is one in development in the KOffice package.

I cannot use this...I'm afraid. I don't like it's UI at all, and, it got
some disabilities. But well, it's the most usable free wordprocessor for
LiNUX / UNiX. But, remember SciTeXt? That was going to become a great
Motif WP for LiNUX!!! But...the guys dumped it :((, and switched to work
on a java version...seems like nothing happens :((

> Because life's too short? B-)

Damn ;) I didn't have that in my mind. Anyway, then. I must buy a new
computer, so I can run:
 StarOffice,
 AppliX,
 Corel Office (java),
 or WordPerfect

I just need to get a new computer :)
(I'm sure you'll understand me when you test any big motif program on a
computer with only 8 MB of ram)

Regards,
Georgios

  Georgios Rizell Dimitroglou, Avesta, Sweden
  http://www.algonet.se/~grd/  <-- Check out my LinuxAppList!