List:       gphoto-devel
Subject:    Re: New standard (Re: [gphoto-devel] Re: gPhoto2
From:       Richard Stallman <rms () santafe ! edu>
Date:       2000-08-29 17:48:51

    On the other side, a technology (gPhoto2) that has no preference for any
    camera manufacturers and will maintain/develop drivers on all platforms
    based on an open and Free standard is very desirable.

I don't think anyone argues that we should refuse to support
interfaces other than PTP.  We want to support as many cameras as
possible; the question is how we can do that.