List:       courier-users
Subject:    RE: [courier-users] How to force SMTP AUTH only for MAIL FROM addresses of hosted domains?
From:       "Frank Habicht" <frankh () layne ! co ! tz>
Date:       2004-03-11 7:37:35

Hi again,

so i understand SPF (http://spf.pobox.com/) would solve your problem as
well....
i haven't done it yet but i like the concept.

I somehow would love to have SPF _in_ courier.
My wish for next x-mas:
- no storing-msg-id-droping-msg-hack (sorry, no intention to offend)
- but instead:
- a compile-time switch
- enabling spf inside submit &
- incl. dropping the message & connection if SPF results indicate
- changing the current performance priority &
- rewriting/adding (hardcoded as per spf) that one header line (incl that
forwarding rewriting).
- and that all if possible before x-mas   ....

but like many others here I'm not the coder needed for that task...
So it's only a wish hoping to be heard.

Frank