List:       courier-users
Subject:    Re: [courier-users] How to force SMTP AUTH only for MAIL FROM addresses of hosted domains?
From:       Phillip Hutchings <sitharus () sitharus ! com>
Date:       2004-03-11 6:29:16

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

> claims a <MAIL FROM> address that is hosted by the system.

iirc, esmtp AUTH has to take place before any data is sent, so it would
come in before the MAIL FROM.

What you could do is use a courierfilter to check the details. You're
better off checking the From: header as well, as I can set MAIL FROM:
<blas@fsj.com> and claim the From: of any address. If you can't find
the AUTH= in the top Received: header, drop the message.
--
Phillip Hutchings
me@sitharus.com

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]