List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] How to make a web site?
From:       orphem () arcor ! de
Date:       2008-04-30 16:43:49

Eric Laffoon schrieb:
> On Wednesday 30 April 2008 8:28:45 am orphem@arcor.de wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm new to Quanta+ and so I have many, many questions. Quanta+ have
>> docs, yes. But I haven't found any tutorial. So I need some tips, how to
>> made a web site with this tool.
>
> There are hundreds of ways, so we don't want to get into exploring them all
> here. We have another list just for that, our web developer list. Look on the
> web site.

Oh fine. On my sketchy view I have seen only the developers list.

>> Normally we have PHP and a CMS. Here we include some pages and a menu
>> were added automatically. But I want to make this off line. In the past
>> I made web pages with web meta language. With this tool you have
>> manuscripts. The real pages were *compiled* with a menu and other thinks.
>
> So in other words it hid what it was doing from you and made you dependent on
> it? You could certainly integrate Quanta into any number of scenarios but in
> my experience what you're talking about is not compiled, it is generated.
> Generated pages tend to ask for cookies multiple times and not create W3C
> compliant markup, which means you go down in search engines.

Sorry. Maybe it's a matter of my bad english. A compiler *generates*
also a binary. That's, what I mean. Look at thewml.org and you see, what
I have in mind.

And no, I won't like to have cookies for a simple menu.

>> If I have - for example - a index.xhtml and a history.xhtml and wants a
>> menu for this and other pages. How do I do this with Quanta?
>
> You can use templates and scripting. Any files you have that work can be made
> into templates easily and you might find my Kommander TemplateMagic
> interesting. It enables you to create and fill in fields in templates.

Yeah, this seems to me very interesting. Any tutorial for this avaible?

> http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Quanta+TemplateMagic?content=75759

Ogh, looks complicated.

>> I like to have the link for the actual page inactive, but highlighted.
>> And if i add a contact.xhtml, how can I have this link in the other
>> pages automatically included? And is this possible without javascript?
>
> If you use PHP you can easily do something like...
> <?php include("menu.html") ?>

That may be still for every page the same menu. And I still must edit
this menu.html for each new page.

> and now you make the menu once and by including it in every page they are all
> automatically up to date.

A the system, for which I made this web site, is PHP not avaible. :-(

Greetings
Andreas