List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Send command to konsole plugin
From:       Chris Martin <linux () chriscodes ! com>
Date:       2007-04-18 1:33:42

Eric Laffoon wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 April 2007 6:42 am, Chris Martin wrote:
>> Is there a way to send a command to a konsole plugin window?
>> If not, that would be very useful.
>>
>> Kind of like when you select 'Project Folder', or 'Current File' as the
>> input, it opens and runs cd /path
>>
>> I'd like to append a command after that.
>> It would be really useful for Rails development, as a Konsole plugin
>> could be set up to launch the rails server (cd /project/path &&
>> script/server) and one could also launch the Rails console (cd
>> /project/path && script/console)
>>
>> Thanks
> Yes, have a look at plugins. You can literrally plug in a real konsole. Also
> see Configure::Actions and Project::Event Actions. You can pretty much do
> anything you can imagine for automation and interaction with Quanta. So maybe
> you have a more specific question?

Sorry. I typed that quickly, so maybe I wasn't clear.

I just want to run a command in the project folder when the Konsole
plugin launches.

I do have the Konsole plugin enabled. I've added two more (identical to
the Konsole plugin other than Icon and Name).
I have the input (from the Add Plugin dialog) on both set to open in the
project folder (so it runs 'cd /path/to/project' when opened)
I just need them to run an additional command after they change into the
project folder.

I'll check Configure::Actions and Project::Event Actions in the morning,
maybe that will have what I'm looking for. I figured there's already a
way to do it, just wasn't sure how.

Thanks for your reply, and glad to read that you're doing better these days.

--
Chris Martin
Web Developer