List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] xml schema validation
From:       "Anthony Ettinger" <anthony () chovy ! com>
Date:       2006-12-24 19:05:57

On 12/23/06, Eric Laffoon <sequitur@kde.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 23 December 2006 2:20 pm, Anthony Ettinger wrote:
> > Is it possible to validate xml against a schema?
>
> Sure, if you have a script for it. ;-) Seriously, we wanted to do this and
> looked at numerous libraries to make it work. Unfortunately at the time there
> was nothing satisfactory. There were issues with what functions a given
> library had, how well it worked, availability and size. During the time we
> added DTD structural validation there was nothing adequate and it was highly
> unlikely any library would be widely available. Go figure. It all sounds to
> great in concept until you try to implement it. Admittedly that was at least
> a year or two ago last we looked. If you have any recommendations for
> libraries let us know. It seems most implementations are less than universal
> and we need a universal and flexible library. We're not likely to write one
> from scratch as that is a tall order.

Thanks Eric, I am not in need of it at this time. I had similar
experience about a year ago when I was using XMLSpy (win32) heavily, I
was in search of something adequate that is open source. I didn't find
anything as good as that. Seems to be one of those areas that there
are only two good products, xmlspy and oxygen.

--
Anthony Ettinger
Ph: 408-656-2473