List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] xml schema validation
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-12-24 3:49:28

On Saturday 23 December 2006 2:20 pm, Anthony Ettinger wrote:
> Is it possible to validate xml against a schema?

Sure, if you have a script for it. ;-) Seriously, we wanted to do this and
looked at numerous libraries to make it work. Unfortunately at the time there
was nothing satisfactory. There were issues with what functions a given
library had, how well it worked, availability and size. During the time we
added DTD structural validation there was nothing adequate and it was highly
unlikely any library would be widely available. Go figure. It all sounds to
great in concept until you try to implement it. Admittedly that was at least
a year or two ago last we looked. If you have any recommendations for
libraries let us know. It seems most implementations are less than universal
and we need a universal and flexible library. We're not likely to write one
from scratch as that is a tall order.

--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org