List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] How to use "local templates"?
From:       Alexander Skwar <listen () alexander ! skwar ! name>
Date:       2005-10-27 4:54:27

Hi all!

Jens Herden schrieb:
> Hello Alexander,

Hi Jens!

>> In Quanta, I created a page and saved it as a "Local Template".
>> It's showing up fine on the left under "Local Templates" just
>> fine.
>
> Good, I assume here that you see the file right under the "Local Templates"
> folder.

Yes, I do.

>> But, how do I actually make use of this template?
>>
>> When I "simply" left click on of the "Global Templates" that
>> are listed above the local ones, a new page is created right
>> away. But when I left click on my local template, nothing
>> happens.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong? And how do I use local templates?
>
> You do nothing wrong, I guess. The concept of templates in Quanta is a bit
> difficult because you have different types of templates, which behave
> differently regarding clicking on it.
> Please make a _right_ click on  "Local Templates" and choose properties. Then
> switch to the "Quanta Template" page. There is a drop down box to select
> which type of templates you have in this folder. Most likely the "inherent
> parent attribute" is ticked so that you can not select your template type.
> You may want to untick this and choose "Document Template". After OK you
> should be able to create new documents from your template by clicking on
> them.

Ah, yes! Now, that makes sense.

Instead of what you wrote, I created a new folder and set its type
to Document Template.

> Please read also the handbook to learn more about templates in Quanta.

Will do.

Thanks a lot for your "brief introdcution into templates" :)

Alexander Skwar
--
Please try to limit the amount of "this room doesn't have any bazingas"
until you are told that those rooms are "punched out."  Once punched out,