Hi all! Jens Herden schrieb: > Hello Alexander, Hi Jens! >> In Quanta, I created a page and saved it as a "Local Template". >> It's showing up fine on the left under "Local Templates" just >> fine. > > Good, I assume here that you see the file right under the "Local Templates" > folder. Yes, I do. >> But, how do I actually make use of this template? >> >> When I "simply" left click on of the "Global Templates" that >> are listed above the local ones, a new page is created right >> away. But when I left click on my local template, nothing >> happens. >> >> What am I doing wrong? And how do I use local templates? > > You do nothing wrong, I guess. The concept of templates in Quanta is a bit > difficult because you have different types of templates, which behave > differently regarding clicking on it. > Please make a _right_ click on "Local Templates" and choose properties. Then > switch to the "Quanta Template" page. There is a drop down box to select > which type of templates you have in this folder. Most likely the "inherent > parent attribute" is ticked so that you can not select your template type. > You may want to untick this and choose "Document Template". After OK you > should be able to create new documents from your template by clicking on > them. Ah, yes! Now, that makes sense. Instead of what you wrote, I created a new folder and set its type to Document Template. > Please read also the handbook to learn more about templates in Quanta. Will do. Thanks a lot for your "brief introdcution into templates" :) Alexander Skwar -- Please try to limit the amount of "this room doesn't have any bazingas" until you are told that those rooms are "punched out." Once punched out, we have a right to complain about atrocities, missing bazingas, and such. -- N. Meyrowitz _______________________________________________ Quanta mailing list Quanta@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/quanta