List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] How to use "local templates"?
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-10-27 1:00:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello Alexander,

> In Quanta, I created a page and saved it as a "Local Template".
> It's showing up fine on the left under "Local Templates" just
> fine.

Good, I assume here that you see the file right under the "Local Templates"
folder.

> But, how do I actually make use of this template?
>
> When I "simply" left click on of the "Global Templates" that
> are listed above the local ones, a new page is created right
> away. But when I left click on my local template, nothing
> happens.
>
> What am I doing wrong? And how do I use local templates?

You do nothing wrong, I guess. The concept of templates in Quanta is a bit
difficult because you have different types of templates, which behave
differently regarding clicking on it.
Please make a _right_ click on  "Local Templates" and choose properties. Then
switch to the "Quanta Template" page. There is a drop down box to select
which type of templates you have in this folder. Most likely the "inherent
parent attribute" is ticked so that you can not select your template type.
You may want to untick this and choose "Document Template". After OK you
should be able to create new documents from your template by clicking on
them.

Please read also the handbook to learn more about templates in Quanta.

Jens