List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: new default keyboard shortcut proposal
From:       Andrew Dorrell <andrew.dorrell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-14 12:41:52

Hi Lucas,

Its nice to know your dream convention is similar...  People are used to
odd and inconsistent shortcuts, yes, but I don't think that makes it
beyond help.  NB, in my text I was equating the "Meta" key with what is
more widely called the "windows" key on PCs.  I think it makes sense to
keep that key reserved for WM/DE use at least on PC hardware.

Andreas mentioned that developers and usability people have no real
interest in harmonising keyboard navigtion / shortcuts which is a little
surprising for me.  Is it because they are more interested in mouse
gestures and such like?  Is there a previous thread / forum discussion /
wiki page / whatever?  Perhaps shortcuts are just old-school?

Thanks,