List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: new default keyboard shortcut proposal
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-02-14 8:12:05

On 14.02.09 10:35:21, Andrew Dorrell wrote:
> FWIW http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_keyboard_shortcuts
> demonstrated quite a mix of conventions IMHO.  It would be nice to have
> a DE with a single consistent convention.

Yes it would, unfortunately so far the developers as well as usability
people have no real interest in that. There's been effort to standardize
this for KDE4.0, some time in summer 2007. But basically nobody replied
to the initial suggestions.

So I fear we're stuck with "everybody just chooses what he wants and
whoever comes last might have to choose weird shortcuts".

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure that apps (and their problems with
global shortcuts) are considered before jumping to something.

Andreas

--
Today is the first day of the rest of the mess.