List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Article about Baloo
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-17 14:43:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 21 January 2014 16:46:41 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 January 2014 13:31:38 Martín González wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yep, if the article it's a short explanation it doesn't make sense to
> > include an interview!
> >
> > I like your idea, Jos, to have a continuous flow of communication about
> > this. Regarding the increase of our communications channels, Linux.com or
> > related pages 'official' pages are a natural way to increase our
> > audience,
> > if we want to keep the interview as an 'official' KDE content.
> >
> > But of course, I miss some things about the Linux english-written media!
> > :D
> >
> > Apart from that, I think that it'll be nice to make some graphics about
> > the impressive increase of velocity and the reduction of CPU usage that
> > Baloo brings. This could help us to 'sell' that Baloo is better and
> > reflect that the Nepomuk 'bad days' are gone in a factual way. It'll
> > better if it can be included in the planned article.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Abso-freakin'-lutely. Yes, having some hard numbers to back up our claims
> is a very good idea ("number of crashes per hour" is probably NOT a nice
> metric but anything else goes :D).
>
> If you would volunteer for that, you'd earn yourself a big hug and a
> beverage of your choice the first time we meet.

Wel, Moronix has picked up on it. And I saw a blog on planet KDE talking
about it too - I guess it might be better to just get the article about Baloo
out.

It would be great if the draft on https://notes.kde.org/p/BalooArticle could
get a review (there's a part in there that needs your input, Vishesh: what
things will be ported to Baloo as of the 4.13 release of the apps?

Otherwise, it probably can use some wording checks here and there.

/J