List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Article about Baloo
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-01-21 15:46:41

On Tuesday 21 January 2014 13:31:38 Mart=EDn Gonz=E1lez wrote:
> Hi,
> =

> Yep, if the article it's a short explanation it doesn't make sense to
> include an interview!
> =

> I like your idea, Jos, to have a continuous flow of communication about
> this. Regarding the increase of our communications channels, Linux.com or
> related pages 'official' pages are a natural way to increase our audience,
> if we want to keep the interview as an 'official' KDE content.
> =

> But of course, I miss some things about the Linux english-written media! =
:D
> =

> Apart from that, I think that it'll be nice to make some graphics about t=
he
> impressive increase of velocity and the reduction of CPU usage that Baloo
> brings. This could help us to 'sell' that Baloo is better and reflect that
> the Nepomuk 'bad days' are gone in a factual way. It'll better if it can =
be
> included in the planned article.
> =

> What do you think?

Abso-freakin'-lutely. Yes, having some hard numbers to back up our claims i=
s a =

very good idea ("number of crashes per hour" is probably NOT a nice metric =
but =

anything else goes :D).

If you would volunteer for that, you'd earn yourself a big hug and a bevera=
ge =

of your choice the first time we meet.

Hugs,