List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: K3b - my apologies
From:       Jeroen Wijnhout <Jeroen.Wijnhout () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-01-27 14:28:48

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 15:02, Malcolm Hunter wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 Jan 2004 13:35, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> > > There's no point having extragear if developers treat it like
> > > sourceforge.
> >
> > I beg your pardon? The KEG module is especially for modules that release
> > on their own. This gives problems in the current setup. Not because
> > people are stubborn or uncooperative. No, just because the KDE
> > infrastructure is designed around the core parts of KDE (libs, base, etc)
> > and not around KEG.
>
> I'm talking about working as a team - not independently. Working around the

The whole point of KEG is to be able to work independently from the KDE
release schedule. Or am I not getting your point?

> KDE release schedule aswell. K3b being a prime example. If the string
> freeze had been a month ago or a month from now, there would have been
> fewer problems.

I agree that the K3b release is badly timed. Kile-1.6.1 will be released
shortly, but it doesn't contain new strings (just a bug fix release). If it
would contain new strings, I would have waited until KDE 3.2 was released.

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - KDE Integrated LaTeX Environment