List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CORBA in mail clients (was Re: CORBA Book)
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-04-08 23:39:14

Rik Hemsley wrote:
> I know you can embed bits of your app in other apps. Great, but do you
> really want to read your mail from konqueror or use the mail client's
> compose widget in KWord ? And do you want to see mail notifications in
> KWord's statusbar ?

PERSONALLY, I would want to go the "other" way.  I would like to be able to
embed other applications INTO Empath.  For instance, say I was to make Vim and
OpenPart.  If Empath allowed for OpenPart editors, I could edit my documents
using my favorite editor right in Empath itself!

Say, also, that I get a PDF attachment in my mail.  Instead of launching an
external app, I would like to be able to view it right inside of my mail
client.  An OpenPart encapsulating KGhostview would do just that.
--
Kurt Granroth
granroth@kde.org