List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: NX Project Announcement
From:       pinzari () medialogic ! it
Date:       2003-03-29 21:54:29

Quoting Tim Jansen <ml@tjansen.de>:
> I think you misunderstood the problem.

Yes, you are right, I'm completely missing your point.
That's why you are speaking of NX server that announces
itself so other krdc enabled desktop can find it. Is it
correct? If this is the case not problem, I assumed that.
I was thinking at what happens -after- a nxproxy tunnel is
already established. How the user's desktop or an appro-
priate K menu can get populated with icons corrensponding
to applications available on the remote server. Do you
want the NX server to tell to SLP server about all the
available applications? Why not, but I expected that this
could be the task of another X client running on the remote
computer.

BTW, kpanel on user's computer can talk to an application
browser started on the remote server at the time session
was established. That was just the first thing that came
at my mind :-).

/Gian Filippo Pinzari.