Quoting Tim Jansen : > I think you misunderstood the problem. Yes, you are right, I'm completely missing your point. That's why you are speaking of NX server that announces itself so other krdc enabled desktop can find it. Is it correct? If this is the case not problem, I assumed that. I was thinking at what happens -after- a nxproxy tunnel is already established. How the user's desktop or an appro- priate K menu can get populated with icons corrensponding to applications available on the remote server. Do you want the NX server to tell to SLP server about all the available applications? Why not, but I expected that this could be the task of another X client running on the remote computer. BTW, kpanel on user's computer can talk to an application browser started on the remote server at the time session was established. That was just the first thing that came at my mind :-). /Gian Filippo Pinzari. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<