List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: NX Project Announcement
From:       pinzari () medialogic ! it
Date:       2003-03-29 20:08:44

On Saturday 29 March 2003 07:28 pm, Tim Jansen wrote:
> > nxserver can keep open the connection with nxclient and interact in
> > the same way as a FTP client can interact with server.
>
> I think you misunderstood the problem.

:-).

Sorry I thought you were speaking about the problem of letting clients
"know" (that I consider the tricky part) and took the rest for granted.
I get your point now.

There is no need for such a daemon in current version of software
(and we like to consider this a feature). Doesn't make much sense to
monitor state of a CUPS printer if nobody is connected to the system
to use it. When you look at the problem of handling a network of
nodes, things are changing very much. Infact we already have a design
to deal with this. We are here to find out what else needs to be
monitored and published :-).

/Gian Filippo Pinzari.