List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE does not run with bash 2.02.1... HELP?
From:       Jon Svejgaard <jon () ace ! dk>
Date:       1998-08-26 14:27:46

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Charles R. Hurley wrote:

> QUESTIONS:
> 1) Is kde able to run with bash 2.02.1 (installed in /bin)?
Probably, yes. Bash ought to be bash and shouldn't care about which
programs you run, or why.

> 2) If kde is able to run with bash 2.02.1 what do you think I did wrong in
> setting up bash to work with kde?
See (4).

> 3) If kde is not able to run with bash 2.02.1, why?
Probably (possibly?) the strategy for .profile/.bashrc & al. changed in
the new version. The environment you are expecting is not being set up
when you run 2.02.1.

> 4) Can you please provide directions to enable kde with bash 2.02.1?
I don't know the differences between versions, so I'm afraid I can't help
any further. I suggest you RTFM :-)...
Also, you could switch to a non-kde console screen (Alt-Ctl-F?), login
there and check the environment. But you still have to work out how the
environment is set in bash 2.02.1, hence RTFM again.

> Thank you,
You're welcome (for what it's worth)
Jon Svejgaard                           | ACE - Member of solutions!group
mail: jon@ace.dk                        | DENMARK
http://www.ace.dk                       | +45 4828 0799