List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] screen resolution and colour depth
From:       "olaf-linux () gmx ! de" <olaf-linux () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-11-10 8:20:05

Hi Jeremy !

Thank you for reply.

Sent from iPhone

Am 10.11.2009 um 00:55 schrieb Jeremy Wilkins <wjeremy@shaw.ca>:

> Thinclients can sometimes have a limited colour depth, so that might
> be
> normal unless it didn't do that before.

Booting the Igel thinclient with a live-distribution (puppy, dsl,
slitaz...) shows the colour depth correct, so I think it is not
limited by the thinclients hardware.

>  I would suggest that the thinclient
> is likely the problem and needs its resolution changed since it seems
> everything else is working.  As for the small text etc, that is a
> known
> issue and can be overcome by forcing the dpi setting of the fonts to
> 96 or
> 120 in the appearance section of your desktop environment and all
> menus can
> be resized (I know it can in kde4 at least).

Ok, I will try.
But the kde-"task"-bar at the bottom is still shown as 1024 width,
that looks not only like a problem with the size of the menu. It looks
like wrong screen resolution, too.

> Also, vesa does not always
> support 1280x1024 mode as far as I know so that is why that didn't
> work.  If
> you know the type of

I will try another video card setting.
But I thought there has to be the settings for the video card in the
server, not the card in the thinclient (!?)

Bye
Olaf
     Were you helped on this list with your FreeNX problem?
    Then please write up the solution in the FreeNX Wiki/FAQ:

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ

         Don't forget to check the NX Knowledge Base:
                 http://www.nomachine.com/kb/