List:       freenx-knx
Subject:    Re: [FreeNX-kNX] screen resolution and colour depth
From:       Jeremy Wilkins <wjeremy () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2009-11-09 23:55:13

Thinclients can sometimes have a limited colour depth, so that might be
normal unless it didn't do that before.  I would suggest that the thinclient
is likely the problem and needs its resolution changed since it seems
everything else is working.  As for the small text etc, that is a known
issue and can be overcome by forcing the dpi setting of the fonts to 96 or
120 in the appearance section of your desktop environment and all menus can
be resized (I know it can in kde4 at least).  Also, vesa does not always
support 1280x1024 mode as far as I know so that is why that didn't work.  If
you know the type of video card that you have, you might be better off using
it in your xorg.conf file.

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ