List:       zaurus-general
Subject:    Re: [Zaurus-general] Zaurus backup / restore withoat Cf or SD flash
From:       Robert Towster <robert () towster ! com>
Date:       2002-09-18 7:34:23

How about this.. It is what I use.. YMMV..
It requires you run ssh on your Z..

#!/bin/sh

ZHOST=zaurus

# this is where the backups will be saved.
BACKUPDIR="/home/zaurus/backups"
BACKUPFILE=$BACKUPDIR/`date +%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M`.backup
LOG=$BACKUPDIR/`date +%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M`.backup.log
LASTLOG=`ls -tr $BACKUPDIR/*.log | tail -1`
KEEP=14

ssh -l root $ZHOST 'cd /;tar cf - --exclude home/tmp home usr/mnt.rom/card' > $BACKUPFILE
if [ -s $BACKUPFILE ]; then
   tar -tvf $BACKUPFILE > $LOG
#  diff $LASTLOG $LOG

   ## remove old backups
   COUNT=`ls -tr $BACKUPDIR/*.backup | wc -l`
   TOP=`echo $COUNT - $KEEP | bc`
   for FILE in `ls -tr $BACKUPDIR/*.backup | head -$TOP` ; do
     rm $FILE
   done

   COUNT=`ls -tr $BACKUPDIR/*.log | wc -l`
   TOP=`echo $COUNT - $KEEP | bc`
   for FILE in `ls -tr $BACKUPDIR/*.log | head -$TOP` ; do
     rm $FILE
   done
else
   # bad backup.. trash it