List:       zaurus-general
Subject:    [Zaurus-general] Bugs in Qtopia/Zaurus version of the SDL?
From:       blachner () gmx ! de
Date:       2002-09-18 7:27:14

Hello,

maybe I have found some bugs in the Qtopia version of the SDL.

1) If I press the middle button (The button which normally shows the
desktop) on the Zaurus while a SDL application is running, the system freezes. Only
reboot helps. I tested this with scumm, prboom and my own application.

This don't happen with the games from eon, which I think also uses the sdl.
If I press the middle button there, the normal desktop comes up. Btw. that is
exactly what I want for my application. How is this done?

2) If the num lock key is pressed _before_ a sdl application start, the num
lock flag isn't set when a sdl key event is received by the application. But
the code is a number key. It seems, that the Qtopia SDL don't check the state
of the num lock key on startup. The same maybe with the caps lock key but I
didn't check this yet.

3) If I make a fork in a SDL application an start another Qtopia application
in this fork _after_ SDL is initilized, the system freezes. If I do this
_before_ the SDL is initialized, it works (Qtopia and SDL program start).

If I try to quit the Qtopia program which I started in the fork via a socket
message sent from the SDL program the system freezes too. Maybe the current
Qtopia SDL version absolutly don't want to loose the focus and than blocks
the keyboard?

4) No bug at all, but a working SDL_WM_IconifyWindow would be nice. O.K. it
maybe not very important for games but there are other SDL programs too,
which maybe need a function like this. The games frome eon, for example, iconify
when the middle button is pressed. Someone knows how this is done?

--
blachner@gmx.de

http://www.gmx.net