List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: Block deployment: working with blocks from a user's point of
From:       Reinhard Poetz <reinhard () apache ! org>
Date:       2006-01-13 20:56:10

> Giacomo Pati schrieb:
>
>> I've missed to place the dependant jars of a block. So I propose they
>> go to META-INF/lib with no strong agruments for it but they are needed
>> to setup the classloader for the block or to populate the parent
>> classloader and that's done at initialization time.
>>
>> WDYT?

IMO we shouldn't add the jar files, that our blocks depend on, to our blocks but
put them into WEB-INF/lib for now. My plan is using M2 dependency resolving that
enables us to ask for all dependencies of a group of jars (see my experiments in
the deployer-maven-plugin). This way M2 takes care that we only install one jar
in one version.

When our blocks become OSGi bundles, this problem gets automatically solved.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc