List:       xml-cocoon-dev
Subject:    Re: Block deployment: working with blocks from a user's point of
From:       Andreas Hochsteger <e9625392 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       2006-01-13 20:10:09

Giacomo Pati schrieb:
> I've missed to place the dependant jars of a block. So I propose they go
> to META-INF/lib with no strong agruments for it but they are needed to
> setup the classloader for the block or to populate the parent
> classloader and that's done at initialization time.
>
> WDYT?

According to the JAR File Specification [1], the META-INF directory is
used "... to configure applications, extensions, class loaders and
services". I don't think that JAR-Files itself fall into this category.

A quick check of some Eclipse Plug-ins seems to place jar files into the
root directory of the bundle.

Just my € 0.02,
Andreas

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jar/jar.html