List:       xfree-render
Subject:    Re: [Render] Transparency
From:       Keith Packard <keithp () keithp ! com>
Date:       2001-03-21 18:44:05

Around 6 o'clock on Mar 21, Scott J Garner wrote:

> Seems like everyone is so excited about aa fonts
> they haven't even noticed how extremely cool twm
> looks with transparent menus.

The trouble with the translucent menus is that the implemenation is a
total hack, not stable enough for anything fancier than what you've seen.
At ALS, I demo'd 'netscape' with translucent menus, it took about 10
seconds to paint the screen...

I've not released the code, it's too ugly.

keithp@keithp.com	 XFree86 Core Team		SuSE, Inc.