List:       xfree-render
Subject:    [Render] Adding a new PictFormat
From:       "Doyle, Joseph" <jdoyle () opentv ! com>
Date:       2002-02-26 2:24:48

To make a long story short, I've been asked to find out what the app I'm
working on would like with a ARGB pixel layout with each channel having 4
bits. At the risk of sounding incredibly naive, I hoped adding a picture
format to picture.c would take care of it. Indeed, XRenderFindFormat()
returns what you'd expect. However, the XRenderComposite call doesn't render
anything.

Of course pilot error hasn't been ruled out, but I want to ask: does adding
a new PictFormat require more than just hacking picture.c? If so, I'd
appreciate a very brief overview of what else would need to change.

TIA, and please CC jdoyle@opentv.com on any replies.

Joe