List:       wine-devel
Subject:    More WWN stuff
From:       Ove Kaaven <ovehk () ping ! uio ! no>
Date:       2000-06-30 0:42:39

Well, though there are still votes coming in, the current trend at the WWN
poll is becoming clear (so far, more than 250 people have answered)...
here's the preliminary results:

Wine's top priority should be:
1. Running MS Office   (43%)
2. Games               (25%)
3. Winelib             (10%)
3. Desktop integration (10%)
5. Other               (8%)
6. Documentation       (1%)

(I'll make a full summary of the "Other" category later (in the WWN), but
it does include stuff like Outlook, Internet Explorer, DreamWeaver,
Quicken/QuickBooks, Lotus Notes, MFC, Win32, etc)

And as for what the WWN should write about...
 1. Wine's architecture  (27%)
 2. Wine without Windows (24%)
 3. Becoming a developer (9%)
 4. DirectX              (9%)
 5. Multimedia           (4%)
 5. Debugging            (4%)
 5. Other                (4%)
 8. Microsoft            (2%)
 9. Wine People          (1%)
10. Networking           (1%)
10. Internationalization (1%)
10. Wine's History       (1%)
13. OpenGL               (1%)
13. Corel                (1%)
15. Configuring disks    (0%)
16. CodeWeavers          (0%)

(Not surprisingly, the most common answer in the "Other" category seems to
be things like "All of the above")

Okay, I thought, seeing that we have something between 30 and 90 potential
new Wine developers out there, I better start writing the top request,
then...

So how does this look as an initial Wine architecture feature?
http://www.ping.uio.no/~ovehk/arch.html