List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] Local Wikipedia mirror system messages
From:       "Timothy Pearson" <kb9vqf () pearsoncomputing ! net>
Date:       2013-11-18 5:37:48

> On 2013-11-18 1:09 AM, "Timothy Pearson" <kb9vqf@pearsoncomputing.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> > "wm-license-information-description" will probably be comming from
>> E:WikimediaMessages, You will also want a dump containing the locally
>> one done on the wiki's MediaWiki: namespace.
>>
>> Thank you for your response.  Is there a dump file containing this
>> information, and if not, is there any way to extract it (sanely) from
>> the
>> running Wikipedia instance?
>>
>> I am learning as I go, so my apologies if I am overlooking something
>> simple. :-)
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Tim

> The db dumps that are listed as containing content from all namespaces
> should have it. (Custom messages are pages in the mediawiki namespace)
>
> Also you will probably want to install most (if not all) extensions listed
> at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:version
>
> -bawolff

I loaded the MediaWiki instance with the contents of
enwiki-latest-pages-articles.xml; does that dump not contain all content
minus history?  Downloading the enormous multi-part dumps just to obtain
the mediawiki namespace contents would not be feasible due to equipment
limitations on this end.

I have all the applicable extensions installed; thanks for the heads up
anyway.

Tim