List:       wikitech-l
Subject:    Re: [Wikitech-l] Local Wikipedia mirror system messages
From:       gnosygnu <gnosygnu () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-11-18 13:23:46

FYI: "wm-license-information-description" is contained in
WikimediaLicenseTexts.i18n.php [1] within the WikimediaLicenseTexts
Extension [2]

Also, in regards to your other question:

> does that dump not contain all content
> minus history?

Yes, this dump is essentially complete [3]

It took me a while to figure this out on my own, but MediaWiki
messages generally come from these locations:

* MessagesXX.php where XX is the language (EX: MessagesEn.php)
* The [[MediaWiki]] namespace in a given wiki
* Extensions and any of the .18n.php files contained within [4]

Hope this helps.

[1]: https://git.wikimedia.org/blob/mediawiki%2Fextensions%2FWikimediaMessages/65d9e789bbf467b1cdba1a091817a7fc4b627a0f/WikimediaLicenseTexts.i18n.php
 [2]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WikimediaLicenseTexts
[3]: Note that they do not have the User and Talk namespaces
[4]: For the last, I find the following extensions are generally
enough to include most of the basic messages
* CategoryTree.i18n.magic
* CategoryTree.i18n
* Cite.i18n
* Disambiguator.i18n.magic