List:       wget
Subject:    RE: suggestion
From:       Herold Heiko <Heiko.Herold () previnet ! it>
Date:       2001-07-11 8:57:47

Something like that has been suggested already, but is not yet
implemented (at least not in the "official" source, which is at 1.7
btw).

For any chance, are you using a proxy ? Some (braindead imho) of those
insert a string like "connection interrupted" at the end of a failed
download. If you can get a good copy of a ruined file try comparing them
in order to understand exactly where they are different, and try to
match the differences with the offsets when wget had to continue a
download (from a wget -v output).

Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A.            Heiko.Herold@previnet.it
-- Via Ferretto, 1            ph  x39-041-5907073