List:       vim
Subject:    Re: Toggle 'modified' flag
From:       Klaus Bosau <kbosau () web ! de>
Date:       2002-12-29 21:17:45

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> There should be no difference between typing ":set nomod" and using
> the same command in a script. Check for other things that matter (also
> consider the value of 'fileformat' and 'fileencoding').

Hi Bram,

thanks a lot for your reply! I found out that it's less a problem of the
script referred to, but (maybe) a problem of a plugin sourced after mine
on start-up. The script I wrote - I usually keep it in the plugin
directory - creates two temporary buffers and therefore the number of
the current buffer when exiting isn't the same as on start-up. This
seems to interfere with the default behaviour of another script source'd
after mine. So unsetting the modified flag within the script couldn't
help, avoiding to put it in the plugin directory however, that's to say
source'ing it by hand, indeed could. This is not what I wanted, but
changing a buffer's number obviously isn't possible. Is this true?

Kind regards,

Klaus