List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Nautilus
From:       tony.arnold () manchester ! ac ! uk (Tony Arnold)
Date:       2008-12-22 14:42:53

SCott,

Scott wrote:

>      I have been trying to use and like Nautilus for the past month and
> I still find opening up two windows side by side a real pain.  Is there
> anyway I could set up a button to open up one window on the left at one
> address and open up a window on the right at another with a single click?
>
>      I'm just trying to find out a solution until split screen is added
> to Nautilus.

Create a launcher where the command is something like:

nautilus path1 ; nautilus path2

where path1 and path2 are the directories you want opened.

You can then click on the launcher!

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 870 136 1004
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk