List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Printing
From:       tuxebi () gmx ! de (Eberhard Roloff)
Date:       2006-10-08 10:29:23

mike williams wrote:

> I have a Lexmark Z700-P700 series USB printer and i tried setting up CUPS
> to use it,but CUPS doesn't seem to have the correct driver,and the Lexmark
> website doesn't have a Linux driver for this printer yet.(Using the SDK is
> an option,but i don't really know what the hell I'm doing as far as
> developing a driver.)Anybody out there know where I can find a driver for
> this printer?(or if the printer model just comes up under a different name
> in CUPS?)

Hi Mike,
you could try this one:
http://users.cybercity.dk/~dko12479/

I found it by googling for "+lexmark +z700 +linux"

There are binary rpms for download. So you either need to install from
source or try to convert the rpm to a deb-package with the tool alien, that
can easily install, ex. with synaptic.

I hope this helps
Eberhard