List:       ubuntu-users
Subject:    Default Theme v. Community
From:       michel+spam () klijmij ! net (Michel Klijmij)
Date:       2004-10-16 12:40:08

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:16:01 +0100, Colin Watson <cjwatson at canonical.com>
wrote in <20041015131601.GF29332 at riva.ucam.org>:

> On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 02:22:07PM +0200, Michel Klijmij wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:08:06 -0500, Jason Bradley Nance
>> <aitrus at tresgeek.net> wrote in <416EA466.5050008 at tresgeek.net>:
>> > I fear that this is the first real test of the "community" idea for the
>> > project, and it failed.  The community spoke, was heard, and sent on
>> > their way.
>>
>> As far as I understood it, "the community" spoke, and the developers said
>> "that's due to a bug". In other words, it shouldn't have happened.
>
> That isn't the case. The change in some people's wallpaper was a bug,
> but the rest wasn't.

Yes, but I think that is what most of the discussion is about. Because the
naked people do not appear by default on a desktop, except in the case of
that bug. The GDM theme is not as "bad", though I'd have preferred if the
"old" default is the default and anyone wanting people on his login screen
should set this personally.

--
Kind regards,

Michel Klijmij